Tuesday 27 March 2012

Perspectives - David Suchet - People I Have Shot

   David Suchet - People I Have Shot is one of ITV's documentaries called Perspectives, the show was aired on Sunday 25th March ITV 1 at 10:15pm.  The show follows the actor David Suchet (also a keen amature photographer) through his journey in to finding out more about his grandfather Jimmy Jarche's iconic work. I found this a very interesting watch as I had very little knowledge as Jarche as a photographer, until I saw and recognised some of his more well known work, which has been in newspapers and magazines. David Suchet then goes portraiture using his grandfather's own Leica camera. I would highly recommend for people to watch this documentary as not only is it a very inspirational piece, but also gives us an insight in to key historical moments and photography within the early part of the 20th century. Also allowing for comparison between press photography then and now.

David Suchet has been quoted upon his experience of this great and emotional adventure of his.

David with his grandfather's Leica camera
   'What I found so very moving was to be asked to replicate some of my grandfather’s actual photographs. To find myself standing on the same spot where he stood, holding his camera up to my eyes and seeing virtually the identical scene that he would have seen, left me with a large lump in my throat.My one and only prayer is that James Jarche would have been pleased with the final result.'

 'Perspectives - David Suchet - People I Have Shot' Video












No comments:

Post a Comment